WELL, Building Standard is internationally recognized and is established by the WELL Building Institute. A valuable qualifier for buildings, interior spaces, and communities who want to implement, validate, and measure the characteristics which support and promote people’s health and well-being.
WELL was launched in October 2014. After six years of research and development, in the medical and engineering fields at this time, 1,555 projects have already been certified in this system, which totals 29.1 million sqm of commercial and public spaces.
In the last two years, in Bucharest, most companies that have requested Class A office space through ESOP considered providing a healthy, vibrant, working environment to give employees a feeling of well-being.
Specifically, WELL aims to ensure that the following health parameters are met in a building:
- Optimal natural light at workstations through the latest technical solutions with large glazed spaces provides the best natural lighting and an efficient artificial lighting system for the nighttime, which is beneficial for human health and at the same time consumes little energy
- The air should be as clean, unpolluted as possible, in and around the building, air filters to be efficient, fresh air supply indoors, open spaces, and recreation terraces.
- Employees in the building to use non-polluting means of transport and have facilities for their use – parking lots and locker rooms for cyclists
- Drinking water should be as clean as possible, and wastewater should be recycled, used for a suitable circuit in nature – for example, watering some natural plants, etc.
- Advocate for a healthy diet, building employees and visitors to have access to fruits and vegetables and restaurants and shops on the premises to have as many natural products as possible, with as few processed foods as possible and have information on nutrition education available. Mothers with young children should be supported to breastfeed and have special rooms.
- Circulation – to have operational strategies for a good flow of employees, both in terms of building access, as well as ensuring facilities for those who come to work by public transportation or by bicycle or other active means of transport – scooter example. The project will consider functions other than office spaces, respectively, residential so that employees can get home quickly, green spaces, or fitness rooms, where they can exercise.
- Thermal comfort – to reduce or eliminate the greenhouse effect
- Quiet at work – to have sound insulation of the building and sharing the loud street traffic or any sounds, at workstations. There should be as many relaxation areas and spaces for telephone conversations as possible.
- The materials from which the construction is made should be as natural and non-polluting as possible, not to be toxic, so as not to endanger people’s health.
- Mental comfort – arranging green spaces for relaxation, revitalizing employees’ well-being, and particular points with information about mental health.
- To build a community.
WELL was developed by integrating research and scientific and medical literature on environmental health, behavioral factors, health outcomes, and demographic risk factors that affect health with the leading practices in the design, construction, and management of buildings.
In Romania, the only WELL certified office project is Campus 6, from the Grozăvești-Orhideea area.
If you would like more information about the office spaces for rent in Campus 6, please contact the ESOP team by filling this brief form, or by phone (+4) 0718.104.22.168 or (+4) 021.528.04.40. We’ll promptly answer your inquiry!