An essential element in the requests of clients who want to rent an office is the parking rate that the property offers.
In the case of office buildings, there is a standard depending on the class of the building, but also the location:
- For class A and B buildings, positioned Central or North, the rate is 1 place per 100 sqm rented.
- For class A or B buildings located in Semicentral, the share is more generous, 1 parking space for 50-70 sqm rented.
- For class C buildings, there is usually no rule for the parking rate. Most are buildings that, in the past, had another destination, being later converted into office buildings.
That is why the parking spaces are more related to the possibilities of the area or complex, as well as to how the original building was designed. For example, the Sema Parc complex has an outstanding share of parking spaces: 1 place for 50 sqm rented.
Other class C buildings guarantee few or no parking spaces. Parking, in this case, depends on the possibilities of the area, on the principle of first come. In the case of villas, given that we are talking about villas in the city, where there is usually a small yard parking possibilities or not at all, the appearance of the parking lot depends on the location of the villa. There are areas in Bucharest with full streets, with greater parking possibilities.
Such areas are Cotroceni, Mariott area – September 13, the area between Calea Calarasilor and Bd Pache Protopopescu. Regarding the parking costs, in the case of office buildings that guarantee parking, they represent a separate cost, between 100-150 EUR / place for underground places and 35-80 EUR / space for outdoor parking spaces.
In the case of buildings and villas located in airy areas with greater parking possibilities on the street, the advantage is that parking spaces are not paid, not being reserved. They are not safe. More and more companies require more parking spaces than in the past because in companies the number of cars is higher than before. Most companies understand their limitations in certain areas and locations, in the sense that you can’t stay in Victoriei Square and have numerous parking spaces.
At the same time, building owners should think of solutions and respond to this requirement from customers, such as:
- to take into account the best possible rate of parking spaces,
- to make their offer as competitive as possible,
- to find creative solutions: contracts with sector town halls, private parking companies, etc.
Some owners go further and offer something extra to customers, including parking:
- parking spaces included in the offer price,
- a rate that is much better than others from competing buildings,
- a more affordable price for parking spaces.
All these can be elements of attractiveness, which can make the difference between buildings.