Demand for Offices with medium Budgets shows Signs of a Way out of the Crisis

For the first time since 2008, since entering the real estate crisis, the average budgets increase in weight, and the budgets under 11 euro / sq m decrease slightly. In 2014, we estimate that the share of budgets of 11.1-15 euro/sqm/month will continue to increase, among the average companies, without having significant fluctuations from 2006-2011.

64% of applicants for medium office space preferred business centers

STRUCTURE OF THE REQUEST FOR MEDIUM OFFICES 2006-2013: There was a relative stabilization in 2012 and 2013, after the radical change in the share of budgets and large fluctuations from 2006 to 2012.

The demand segment for offices with budgets between 11.1 and 15 euro/sqm/month was the only one that increased in 2013, after five years of continuous growth of only small budgets, below 11 euro/sqm/month. Thus, in 2013, 2% of the total demand migrated from the segment below 11 euro/sqm/month, in the middle segment, between 11.1 and 15 euro/sqm/month.

“In our experience, medium-sized companies, which have between 30 and 100 employees, allocate between 5 and 8% of turnover for rent, so that in the period 2008-2012 most of them had to adapt to new economic conditions and to adjust expenses. In 2013, in our company, however, we had several requests for relocation to better spaces, with a new image or a better location, with medium budgets, of over 11 euro/sqm/month, but up to 15 euro/sqm/month and we estimate that this middle segment will recover quickly in the next two years “, says Alexandru Petrescu, Managing Partner of ESOP Consulting | CORFAC International.

In fact, from 2006 to 2013, the demand segment with medium budgets, between 11.1 and 15 euro/sqm/month, registered a balanced evolution – with a share between 18 and 31%, compared to the other two segments, which rose and fell sharply respectively.

In 2013, business centers were preferred

In 2013, the requests of medium-sized companies monitored by ESOP Consulting went mainly to business centers, in a percentage of 64%, the remaining 36% looking for villas for offices.

Where are the most sought after office spaces

Most potential medium-sized tenants who showed their intention to relocate opted for office spaces located in the central areas of Bucharest: Victoriei Square, Aviatorilor, Dorobanti, Domenii, Unirii, Universitate, Cotroceni, Grozavesti, Aviatiei and preferred office buildings with quality spaces, with an average rent of 9-12 euro/sqm, parking spaces and close to the subway, says Alexandru Petrescu, from ESOP.

Maria Neda

PR & Media Coordinator, PR & Media Consultant, with background as a journalist in the economic press and experience as a consultant in Urban Development.

Postari similare

The share of IT&C tenants in the Bucharest office space market at the end of 2022 and forecasts for 2023

In 2022, the most active companies were those in the field of IT&C, BPO, and SSC, with 23% of the total volume of transactions, followed by those in the field of Professional Services with 17%. Among the companies that rented office spaces with significant surfaces in 2022, we mention EveryMatrix, Cegeka, Softbinator Technologies, Expleo, Infineon, […]

Read more

The Main Trends in the Office Space Market After the Start of the New School Year

Started progressively in the spring, the gradual return to the office is expected to register a new wave this autumn, with the opening of the new school year. The start of school can stimulate more employees to return to the office, especially employees who have children in kindergartens and schools located in the vicinity of […]

Read more

SEK Bucharest International School opens its first school from Romania, in Sema Parc

River Development announces that International Institution SEK Bucharest International School is opening its first school in Romania in a building in Sema Parc, for current educational activities and future expansion. The transaction was brokered by ESOP Consulting, a local real estate consulting firm. Founded in 1892, the International Institution SEK Bucharest International School offers its […]

Read more